UBC’s strategic plan, Shaping UBC’s Next Century, sets out UBC’s vision, purpose, values and goals, as well as the themes and core areas that shape UBC’s strategies for the years ahead. One core area includes a systems renewal, which the IRP will deliver.
To support UBC’s learning, research and working environment, we need to renew our administrative process and replace systems. Our student, HR and finance systems are 25 years old or more, and they are no longer able to support our dynamic institution and modern workplace. By modernizing and simplifying processes and bringing them into an intuitive integrated system, we will free the UBC community to spend more time on strategic priorities.
We can succeed only through sharing this responsibility, through strong collaboration, and readiness for change. Together, we can build a strong foundation for UBC’s future as we embark on our next century as a leading public university.
What is the Integrated Renewal Program (IRP)?
The Integrated Renewal Program unites the Student Academic Systems Initiative (SASI) and the HR/Finance Renewal Program. It will replace UBC's SIS (student), HRMS (HR) and FMS (finance) core systems with Workday.
The IRP will:
- Support an engaged, collaborative, and exceptional learning, research, and working environment for students, staff, and faculty.
- Enable a cohesive alignment of practices and processes.
- Create a simple, intuitive, consistent user experience where we interact with confidence and ease.
- Ensure reliable, integrated, and accessible institutional data that enables people to make informed, strategic decisions.
- Position UBC and its people to embrace opportunities and adapt to future needs and requirements.
- Provide robust, secure, sustainable solutions that are fiscally responsible.